The Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities will be on the May 2, 2023, ballot for the renewal of a 3.3 mills tax levy. The levy will benefit children and adults in Stark County who have developmental disabilities, by ensuring they are living a safe and happy life.
This levy keeps the same millage that is in place and will result in NO NEW TAXES.
In fact, this renewal levy costs the owner of a $100,000 home just $5.67 per month!
What Does Your Support Provide?
Money generated will provide ongoing services for people with developmental disabilities.
These services and supports include:
- Early Intervention services for infants/toddlers 0 to 2 years old, which are provided in the family home.
- Programs and assistance for preschool children (3 to 6 years old).
- Educational services and support for children ages 6 to 21 years old, including a school-age program for students with intense needs.
- Coordinating support so people with disabilities can live, play, and work in the community as independently as possible.
Why is this needed?
Services and support from Stark County DD touch many in Stark County.
In-home supports are a high-priority need for people served by Stark DD and their families. Many parents are still caring for adult children with disabilities at home and need our support, including parents in their 70s and 80s.
The number of children and adults receiving services continues to increase due to:
- Advanced medical technology, assisting people with disabilities to live longer
- Community awareness, resulting in better identification and referral of children and adults who need services and support.
What Has Stark County DD Achieved in the Past 10 Years?
- Increased the number of people supported from 3,345 in 2013 to 4,106 in 2022.
- Maximized the use of local tax dollars by securing more federal tax dollars.
- Supported more people with the same amount of money.
- Provided life-long funding to an additional 1,000 people.
- Connected over 500 youth each year attending public schools and their families with the services they need.
- Provided services to over 7,000 families who have infants and toddlers with delays and disabilities.
- Safely transported students with disabilities over 5 million miles.
What Will This Levy Cost You?
The owner of a $100,000 home pays just $5.67 per month for this levy. This levy will result in NO ADDITIONAL TAXES for homeowners.